Biohazard hood with vertical laminar flow Class II - Type A / B3 (A1 / A2 standard NSF049: 2002).

The hood has been designed for the global protection of operator, product and environment.

Biohazard cabins in class II type A1 and A2 are hoods with front opening, air inlet from outside to inside, sterile vertical laminar air flow inside the cabin and absolute HEPA filter in ejection.


Cell cultures of human, animal and plant origin. Microbiology, virology and hematology laboratories. Quality control in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. Recombinant DNA manipulation

Technical features

Class of work: ISO 5 (ex class 100 according to Fed Std 209E). HEPA filter efficiency H14: 99.995% MPPS (ex 99.999% on particles with a diameter equal to or greater than 0.3 μm) - Average speed LAF:> 0.40 m / sec (adjustable).

Average barrier speed:> 0.40 m / sec

Rated power 500 W (mod. 90)

660 W (mod. 120)

1000 W (mod. 180)

Expelled air flow rate: 400 mc / h (mod. 90 and 120)

600 m3 / h (mod. 180)

Lamps: fluorescent

Working area luminous intensity:> 800 lux

Noise level: <60 dBA

Power supply: 230 V / 50 Hz


Safety cabinets against biological hazards (BIOHAZARD), with work area protected by vertical laminar flow in class ISO 5,

bench version, classified as class II type A1 (standard model) and type A1 / A2 (model Plus) and therefore suitable for handling

of pathogens with low / medium biological risk. Built in accordance with:

European Standard UNI-EN 12469

UNI EN ISO 14644-1: 2001 regulation

Italian Electrotechnical Committee (CEI 66.5)

European Standard EN 1822 (for absolute HEPA filters)

UNI-CIG regulation

British Standard Institution (BSI 5726) - (mod. Plus only)

Deutsches Institute fuer Normueng (DIN 12950) - (only mod. Plus)

Both models also comply with the recommendations

expressed by the WHO and the National Commission for the fight against

AIDS of the Ministry of Health on the safety of health workers.

The 120 and 180 models are TÜV certified

(according to the UNI EN 12469 standard).


the air decontaminated by the absolute filter descends vertically with laminar flow in Class 100 on the work area and crosses the plane.

The contaminated air is sucked by the fan placed in the upper part of the cabin and conveyed in a plenum: here about

70% is sent back to the work area with absolute filtration while the remaining 30% is expelled externally with the aid of

of the second fan motor, after absolute filtration. The mass of air sucked in and recycled by the main fan keeps the recovery channel in negative pressure. The expelled air is reintegrated with an equal amount of ambient air sucked in through the front opening, creating a front insulation barrier in the access area to the work area.


External carpentry in steel sheet, epoxy powder coating. Internal work chamber in AISI 304 stainless steel finishing

"Scotch Brite". Front apron shatterproof tempered glass with flap, equipped with gas springs for glass anti-fall system

at the opening. Frontal height opening: 200 mm.

Drilled worktop in AISI 304 stainless steel with "Scotch Brite" finish, composed of removable segments. Stainless steel liquid collection tank underneath the work surface.

Membrane keyboard (soft touch) with antistatic protection. Taken for DOP flow test and exhaust test.

Automatic adjustment of downflow air speed. Automatic adjustment of exhaust air speed - front barrier - (only for Plus model). New microprocessor-controlled electronic board, with Lcd-type digital display for real-time display of all operating parameters.

Predisposition through collar ∅ 250 mm for the eventual canalization outside the expelled air (optional) for the transformation from class II type A1 (ex A) to type A2 (ex B3). Automatic restart in the event of an electrical blackout.